Inertia Of My Head~

It's An All Ordinary Blog, but Extraordinarily Ordinary. Because this is where my feelings and thoughts flow free. Nothing's a secret here. :)

Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Thought~[Continued]

It would do you good if you read the previous post first. Arigato~ =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day is today. He went to school in the morning and it was freezing cold. It had rained the previous day. Such irony, that the weather actually tells the way he feels right now. He was going to ask her that question. He was going to know the truth. After so long, does she really even still love him? Has it been all an act of charity, those phone calls, those time they spent as friends. Did this story end 3 years ago with that phone call? Did she really think Jake as a brother? Was it all a big lie? Was this just another heartbreak........5 years after their confession, from childhood to teenager. He finds out today.

Jake walks the hallway and settles his bag on the pavement. The day before, he has already asked her to meet him beside the cherry tree, their favourite spot. He walks, with his hands clenched in his pockets and then he sees her. Her hair flows like the river in the morning wind. He took a deep breath and walked toward the cherry tree. He was ready for the truth.


"Hey."

"Morning, Jake."

"Morning. Fine morning ain't it? Erm, take a seat Jas. It's uncomfortable standing. This can take quite a while"

"Okay...."

They settled on the bench beside each other, avoiding eye contact.

"So, Jake, what's this about? Something important?"

"Urm....yeah. Pretty much."

"Tell me then, I'm all ears."

"Okay...Ehem. Jas, it's been rather long since we knew each other huh? We've been together since we were
basically kids until today, where we are almost adults."

"Yeah. It's been long Jake."

"You do remember when we both confessed don't you? It was on the 22nd of October. It was the sweetest phone call I've ever received."

"I think I do. Yeah."

"But we kinda broke up around....2 years later after that."

"......."

"You said, you'll give me a chance right? And I said I'll wait."

"......em."

"I waited, but where's my chance Jas?"

"......"

"After all those poems, after all those songs, all those phone calls.....where is my chance?"

"I-----"

"No, you need not explain. You have the right not to. But answer me this Jas."

"Yeah?"

"Do you still love me?"

"............................."

It was an eternity of a moment. The moment of a lifetime. A moment of truth. Jasmine's eyes looked uncertain, she didn't know what to answer. But Jake knew exactly what it meant. The look of pity and guilt. The look he didn't want to see.....

"I guessed so."

"But I-"

"No, I understand.

Thanks for the memories,

thanks for the five years.

We can stay.......friends.

Nothing more."

Jake stood up from the bench, tears rolling down his cheeks, he forced his steps away from Jasmine. The winds of the morning caressed his cheeks, as though even nature knew his pain. He walked away, speechless, full of sorrow, and not knowing if he can love again. He was broken. Once more..........

~All I needed was a little more time,
To find a way to make it in life,
It's not that I needed a round of applause,
I only hope that somehow you'd appreciate.

Oh, I've tried.
How I've tried,
Tried so hard to make you proud.

All I needed was a shoulder to cry on,
Someone to tell me it's okay.
It's not that it was hard to try to be strong,
But there were moments when I just had to breakdown.

Oh, I've cried.
How I've cried,
~Tears that you will never see.

-Tanya Chua - All I Needed. [extract]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then it ends by.....playing a really sad song, with the words above being read out, not sung.

So, how was it people? Is it okay or something? =D

I know it's really confusing and cheesy, but tell me what you think kay? See ya around in the next post! I gotta sleep now~ZZZZzzzz.

Joe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Out.