Inertia Of My Head~

It's An All Ordinary Blog, but Extraordinarily Ordinary. Because this is where my feelings and thoughts flow free. Nothing's a secret here. :)

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tomorrow.

Yup. Tomorrow's the day. My birthday. Heheh. Behold the time of reckoning!

Ah, from the time now.....It's 10.28......Another hour and a half before the clock strikes 12 and hah, it'll be my day. Oooooh, it's gonna be an exciting day ahead! Hmm, by the way, there're a few changes to tomorrow's plan of the day. Well, plan 2 to 5 is still on course but plan 1 is not gonna happen. Why? Coz it happened today. Heh. Yeah, the expected two-part split for the campaign was unexpectedly cramped into one day, today. So, all 9 candidates campaigned today at the tapak perhimpunan. Great fun it was.

Yeah, since this thing was quite a show, let's talk a little on it. There were 9 candidates....let's see....they were, in order of the poster.....I think.....Soo Xing Han, Pan Jia Yi, The Form 6 Bynn guy......, Jessica Loke, Lee Shang Si, Samer Shahedza, Another Form 6 girl, Megan Lim and Farah Nur Ain. Yeah....I think that's it. Sorry about the Form 6 girl thing. I really forgot her name. Not very memorable. So, actually, 4 of them were Form 6's. They are, the Bynn guy [that's his last name], Lee Shang Si, Jessica Loke and heheh, the Form 6 girl. The others were of course, all form 4s.

Now, what's interesting was there was ONE exceptional campaign. It was outstanding, in a good way of course.
Well, before that, let's review a little of the others. Hmm, Xing Han was......okay....though I think the paper was not a good idea. He stalled a little bit. Ah, then the question that they asked him.....the racism question. Very sensitive. But his answer wasn't. So....I guess there's no big impact there. NEXT! Jia Yi. Hmm, she wasn't too good either. I rather disliked the mix of english and malay. Half way talking in malay, suddenly an english word pops out. Kinda frustrating. And her question was the controversial one. The question was, between Scouts and the Prefectorial Board, which would she prioritize. She chose Scouts. Well, she didn't directly say that. But we all knew what she meant. Heh. NEXT!

The Bynn guy......he was.....okay, but nothing special either. No questions directed to him if I remember correctly. NEXT! Jessica Loke. She went up first actually. And what's irritating about the whole speech was....the rojak of malay and english. Ah, it was disastrous. In person, she's okay, don't get me wrong. But in a campaign, you just can't afford to be like that. Oh well. NEXT! Samer! Hmm....he did okay in my opinion. He used a little bit of humour and managed to catch the attention of quite a few of the people. A longer speech wouldn't hurt actually. His was kinda short. Well, I guess it's the restriction Pn. Ung gave em. NEXT! Ah, the form 6 girl. She had no problems in fluency. But she didn't manage to catch attention, well, maybe it's because.......she was speaking WAY too loud. I literally had to cover my ears to muffle the sound. It was that loud. Oh well, too bad.

NEXT! Megan. Ehem, she's one of my old friends but with all due respect, I'll still have to criticize her. Sorry Megan! [She knows about this blog. XD] Okay, Megan, her problem was.......lack of confidence. And total dependency on her little piece of paper. Her pace was slow.....her speech was uninteresting. It was like she was there just to fill in a slot. Well, no response whatsoever from the people. Sigh, work on it Megan. NEXT! Farah. Ah, she was.......above average. She delivered her speech flawlessly......but the problem is, no one was listening. There was no flair in the speech maybe? And maybe it was just too generic? Who knows? Okay....I think you already notice who I left out from the review right? YEAH!

It's Lee Shang Si. The anonymous Form 6 who wasn't a Seafieldian! He campaigned last. But I tell you, they really did save the best for last. Okay, first-impression. He looked, decent. Nothing gangsterish at all and jokingly, I said he looked like Mah Jia Jun, one of my classmates. Then, I also said he got a little bit of Lee Hwa Beng style. Hehe. Well, then he started to talk. Wait. He does sound like some politician guy! Well, let's hear more of it. He continued with the usual stuff like where he came from and what posts he held and so on......Then came the ending statement. Okay, throughout the speech, he was already able to catch attention. I don't know with what, maybe the tone of his sound? And when he was about to end his speech, it was the most entertaining and convincing of all the 9. Can't explain in words but everyone including me started to clap loudly after he ended it. It was that great. Personally, I was laughing very hard, I don't know why, but it's not the laugh because he's a fool laugh, but it's the acknoledgement laugh. Heh. The claps lasted quite long too, compared to the others, whom some didn't even received applause. Ah, then the interesting part, the questions. First question, how would he represent the students as the head boy. Would he be a teacher's puppet or be the righteous one that actually hears the students out? Hmm, tough one. He answered it quite well, but predictable. Well, it's the normal, "Both is important, so I will balance it up" kinda answer. Hm, then the second question. This was forwarded by a form 3 prefect. He asked, "You, as you said, was from another school. How do you think that you can administrate the board better than the ones that have been here since form 1??". He raised his voice during that question. I don't know why. So, Shang Si answered in a very unexpected cool manner.....he went back to his paper and said, "As I've said in my speech, I'm confident that I will be able to understand the situations of the school as fast as possible!". He answered that in Malay. And wow, after he said that, the crowd acknowledged with another round of great applause. Hahah, boy, wasn't I entertained. It was the best of them all man.....So, without a doubt, I gave him my highest vote out of the five.

Ah, it was rather neat, that campaigning thing. Heheh. I never knew someone could campaign like that! Hmm, it would be great fun to see him get the Head Boy post. Great great fun indeed. Oh well, enough about that. Hahah. I realize it's a freaking long post up to here. Heheh. One little event sprouts so many words. Ah, it's now 11.24. It's another 35 minutes till 12. Heheh. Well, with plan 1 out of my birthday, I guess I'll just have to fill that plan up with something else eh? Yeah...maybe something will happen at school? Yeah. But whatever happens, Plan 2 to 5 will go on as planned! Nothing can stop me now. XD.

Well, I hope for the best tomorrow, hope lots of people remembers and wishes me the simple wish. Happy Birthday. Yup. And hopefully, I dont' receive the Birthday BASH. Heh. Well, gotta hike up my alertness eh? Yup. I better. Don't wanna have a bruised birthday. Lol. So, I'll wake up to a wonderful morning I hope. And I can only wish that tomorrow goes well for me! If it does, it's gonna be a memorable one. Well, see ya people next post, the post of "Rebirth"! If you know what I mean. =)

Joe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Out. [Birthday on 16/6~Tomorrow]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home