Inertia Of My Head~

It's An All Ordinary Blog, but Extraordinarily Ordinary. Because this is where my feelings and thoughts flow free. Nothing's a secret here. :)

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sleepless [Part II]

th:P It's here. Well, mind you, i'm doing this on spot, so there is NO preparation whatsoever, just plain idea oozing. I'm really bored right now, so i'm writing this, so.....enjoy!

~Sleepless~Part II~

Back at police HQ....

"AH, help me! HELP ME PLEASE!" pleaded the Captain.

The whole station was forced to an abdrupt halt, when this chunk of boar meat came charging in the HQ. Everyone stopped doing what they were supposed to and stared at the panic stricken, dirty, once proud, captain. The Coroner was the first to approach him, for he was most irritated by this noise. The Coroner was a tall man. Bulky too. He had a scar across his left cheek that made him look almost.....disfigured. His face was constantly stern that you might mistake him as being angry all the time. He was clad in navy blue police uniform which stands out from the rest of the officers and he had medals hanging on his chest that'll just inspire jealousy and fear. He is ranked Colonel officially but people just calls him The Coroner for the sole reason he has seen so many dead bodies during his army days, the ones he killed. He came out of his office, and stared at the rest of the crew. They immediately went back to work. Then, he continued to walk towards the captain.

"Captain. What is this noise? You look filthy. What in the name of the law happened?" he said in a cold monotonous voice.

"Sir....! Th....the....ther.....there was a man! H....h.h......h...He killed my men! A....an....an.....and he took the girl with him!"

"What? He took the girl? Now that's amusing....."

"H.....h.....he....he...had"

"GET A GRIP OF YOURSELF!" the coroner bursted with irritation.

"Y...yes sir!"

"Now tell me what happened."

"He was a skilled swordsman, sir. He came out of no where and slashed all four of my officers!"

"Now why didn't he kill you too?"

"I......I don't know sir."

"I think I know why......."

"Sir?"

"CAUSE' YOU'RE WORTHLESS!!"

"My apologies sir!" and he bowed in a manner, only a dog would've done.

"I gave you a simple enough job. Get the freaking girl back here, into the dungeons, and SLAM, close the doors. Wa-la, no magic required. Now, you're back here, with no girl, and no men. I gave you four. They were worth at least more than you combined. See now, you've just failed your job, and you owe me my men. What do you think I should do with junk like you?"

The captain stares at the coroner with fear. He was speechless. Without a doubt, he knew where this was going......

"No, I don't think you even deserve to answer this question. You deserve nothing, to be frank. Well, let me ask.....ehem* TELL you, what you've done in these 10 years of service, CAPTAIN. As a captain, you're regarded as one of the highest ranking officers in this quarters. You're given a nice, cozy office, to....carry out your daily investigations, and etcetera. Our dear crew here pays great respect to you. For they THINK, you're able to do something better than them. But in my humble.....opinion, you're not. Captain, I've been keeping you in this station this long, not because you're worthy. It's because I made a promise to your old man that I'll keep you comfortable. But I think the promise is well overdue."

"My father? But how did you?"

"I sympathise with your father, for having a child like you. Worthless. He would be sad to see the state you're in now. FAT, useless, a total disgrace to the law. So, I think I ought to do something about it. "

"Sir? But why?"

"You don't need to know."

The coroner took out his gun and [BLAM!] shot the captain in the head. The captain lay dead on the polished floor in a pool of deep, red blood.

"Men, clean this heap up. And I want the tiles changed by tomorrow. We shall not need to step on the remnants of this.......calamity of a man."

"YES SIR!" the crew answered in unison.

The coroner just smiled.

----------------------------------------------

Marie and the man have reached the comfort of the man's home by now. It wasn't exactly a home. It was a freaking huge one to be exact. He lived in one of the largest mansions in all of London. No one seemed to notice. Bizarre? Perhaps.

"THIS, is your home?"asked Marie.

"Yours truly."

"Oh dear.......This is surreal!"

"It's nothing, just something my GrandFather passed down to me when he died."

"Wait. Are you sure you didn't KILL him to get this?"

"Dear lady, I sure hope you do not question my credibility in acquiring objects such as this! And I surely DID NOT kill my dear grand father! I shall need to slap you if you shall ever insist that did such an act."

Marie was shocked.

"I....erm, apologize dearly then." and she gave a slight bow, though shaky.

"There is no need for that. And I apologize too, for my earlier impudence." he too, gave a bow.
"Shall we?" he invited Marie.

"Oh, sure thing!"

They then entered the monster of a house through it's seemingly tiny double front doors. When they entered, Marie's eyes opened with surprise. Never have she seen such a house in her life. The floors were made of marble, polished to perfection. The ceilings were crafted by what she thinks is the best sculpter ever. The doors were made of polished wood, which gave the elegant dark wood look. Even the handles were made of the finest of steel, and painted gold. Everything was so pretty. Then she noticed one thing. There' s no one around.

"Where are your servants?"

"There are none."

"What? You must be lying. Look, I'm not going to say you killed them but seriously.....why?"

"I live here alone, dear Marie."

"In this mansion?! How?!"

"I've been living like this for a good 15 years."

"Oh my. You managed this thing all by yourself?"

"I do hire monthly maids. But in this kind of situation nowadays, I can't risk letting people know I'm a rebel. What more where I live?"

"I see.....you're in cover then?"

"More or less......but it seems they haven't discovered that I am part of the rebellion. So, I'm not in too much stress."

"Hmm, greatness. But, with wealth like this, why did you rebel?"

"I don't want wealth my lady, I want freedom. Without freedom, I'm nothing more than a puppet. A puppet of the government. And it was my late father's wish that I do not end up helping the wrong side. In this case, it's the government."

Marie fell in silence and she just continued walking. The man then opened a door which led to his reading room. It was huge. The bookracks inside it made it look more like a library.

"Ah, I'm very sorry my lady. After this long trip, I haven't even introduced myself!"

"You may do so now?"

"Thank you. I'm Tren, Tren Almithy. Pleasure to have met your acquaintance, Marie." he took Marie's hand and kissed it.

Somehow, Marie felt really hot. It was as if there was no wind anymore. And what's more, she could see his face clearly now. [It's up to you how hot the main character looks like :P] Marie just realized her saviour was no simple man. He stood with grace and his eyes......they were captivating.

"Marie?"

"Oh! Erm, yeah?"

"Is anything wrong with my face?"

"No, erm, no really."

"Ah, all is fine then. Well, shall we get back to the point then?"

"What point?"

"About why I saved you."

"Ah, sure. So, why?"

"You see.........It was your father's wish."

Marie stared at Tren with disbelief.

"What?? You knew my Father???"

~End of Part 2~


Oh my god, Tren knew her father? But how?? :D that's for you to find out, in the next part! Keep reading ya?

Well, how was this part then? I'm more content with this one than my first....so, give me your feedback ya? Till the next part......

Joe>>>>>>Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home