Inertia Of My Head~

It's An All Ordinary Blog, but Extraordinarily Ordinary. Because this is where my feelings and thoughts flow free. Nothing's a secret here. :)

Monday, March 13, 2006

Hello and Goodbye I.U.

Well, regarding the topic above, I would like to say hello and goodbye to my first and best I.U.

Hey, ya'll. It's already two days past Interact's 10th IU night. And, i'm not over it. not just yet. It's one of the memories that's etched into my mind. I just couldn't forget it. So, what did i do? I made this blog for this little reason so that i will not forget this, or anything else important for that matter. So, i will start to yak now. If you are allergic to long posts, please leave, you're allowed too...heheh. But, it's just what i feel, and it is this much in words. But it's only words, and it can never really tell what i felt on that wonderful night, the 11th of March 2006. This will be a night to remember.

Well, i'll start from even before the night itself. Let's start from last year. It was during December i think. Well, i was enjoying my December holidays of course, PMR was great and i'm busy flinging the bucks i made from my parents. Then, came Interact. I am Asst. Secretary of the club for the ones who don't know. And my senior is Sara Lau Der Yin. I'm proud of her, yes, but this is not about her. Well, it's more about our I.U Director, Anne-Marie Choong Wei Lin. [Sorry for the full names!] Well, it was her who called. She called for an I.U meeting. These things can't be good, it never was, well, at least that's what i thought at that time. Well, it was hell then. She started poking us with work, so much work i couldn't believe it. I've never done this MUCH work! Well, for me, it was ALOT of letters and things i suck at, such as calling for sponsors. Well, never was the one with the great silver tongue, eventhough i do talk alot. Well, so, the work kept flowing in for 3 whole months. During these months, i wrote at least 10 letters, all of great importance, and i've organized an exhibition, erm, called for sponsors, and much much more. All of these just for IU. It's not to say their hard to do, but with Form 4 being such a bitch, it's just really hard to cope. Well, we got through, and it was thanks to her too. She gave alot of guidance, thank god.

Just when i thought the work was over, [i'm now talking about 2 months after all those things] i was suddenly pulled into the I.U sketch!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I hated it, i despised it, i belittled it, and i questioned the authority of Anne-Marie. She can't do this to me! no! not now! not when my homework is piling up! no!! Well, what could i've done right? she IS my senior and i've utmost respect for her. So, i decided to play along. Hahah, what did ya know? i loved it! what a stupid boy i was, immature, impudent, irresponsible. Well, since i loved it, i decided to play even more roles. In total, i played at least 4 roles. A farmer, professor, grandfather and monk. It was dastardly fun but worrying at the same time, coz i have to practice so much and remember so many actions. This made me go home late almost everyday. Heheh, nevermind loh, i thought, coz i live so near to school now. :D well, it got much busier when it was one week before the thing! I had to literally skip class just to rehearse. I thought it was stupid and time wasting man....oh yeah i did. I cursed, alot.

Hmm, let's then fast forward the process a little, let's talk about the night itself. Okay, so came the night. It was 11th of March, I woke at 8am. I am supposed to be there at 10am. Hehe, funnily, i took my time really slow, and i actually reached there at 10.30 i think. hehe, naughty me, i know. well, i was darn nervous then, i was scared i didn't bring the necessary things there and i was not prepared for the sketch! we were supposed to rehearse for the last time there. the show starts at 4. and due to a few complications, and people problem, we couldn't start rehearsing until it was 2! so, we wasted like.....ALOT of time. Tension built really rapidly. My heart was beating fast and i was worrying as though this was the end of the world. Well, "WTF lah" i said to myself. "Let's just do this!" I can't afford to freak out during the play, so i gathered all my confidence and gathered all my luck. it was 4 already. the people are here, they're growing in numbers. They're here to see the show, and i'm supposed to be one of the people responsible to make it a great show. I took a deep breath and prayed........

Well, it's gonna start, yeah, all the board members gathered, and we made that 'put your hand in the middle with everyone else and then cheer' thing. And then i screamed "Let's get the show on the road!!". Just to relieve my stress. So, then, the show started, starting with the fashion rock, then the speeches, then the band performances, then the dance, then it was my turn. THE FIRST SKETCH. i was supposed to play the farmer in this one and also the grandfather of the prelude. i only memorized the lines for the grandfather the day itself. stupid me. Well, it went a little bit like this....

"*Sigh* Dare you challenge the wisdom of an advanced man,
Lend your ears to these words and HEED these words of wisdom.
The world has left your mind to be corrupt and decieved.
Blinded by the light of the box, dear child of mind,
Let me enlighten you. A time long ago........"

Then i sprinted backstage.

I was supposed to play the farmer remember? hahah. Well, i went on stage with a dustpan. Yes i did. It was supposed to be a hoe. XD well, the sketch went better than expected and the crowd loved it. I was hoe-ing, i was whacked by gangsters, i was mourning the death of my family. It was all worth it. The crowd enjoyed themselves and clapped their heads off. I could hear the loud sound even on stage. I was elated. YES! the first quarter of it is done! and so far, everything's great, everyone's loving the show, the food is tasty, and security was a breeze. I got into my formal wear and began to entertain the people. I asked around for responses, even the Leos said it was great, :D but most importantly, the ex board acknowledged the greatness of our I.U. I was so happy i didn't eat. :P

Well, things were going so fine i didn't believe it. Then, it was my second sketch. I was supposed to be a professor, who kills vampires, well, i'm Prof. Van Helsing, thank you very much. XD i played only a small role this one. only two scenes. Well, the audience loved the other scenes which were done by Kishok, Brenda, Fuad, and dear Anne-Marie. Then mine was just fitting into the great work they've already done. I killed the vampire in the end, though as un-stylish. heheh. After the end of the second sketch, i was elated once again by the great applaude i heard from the crowd.

From there, i knew this was a success already. My worries were gone, they are things of the past. The night was changed into an undeniable joy. Then, came the finale........we danced the dance of Romania and enjoyed the heck out of ourselves.

After that, it ended. This was the moment of truth. I missed I.U. I didn't want it to end. But it has, nonetheless.
I went home in the saddest happy moment of my life. Happy for it was a success, sad for it has ended. I couldn't sleep that night. I went home at 11. i managed only to sleep at 2. memories of IU kept popping up. Again and Again. It was that great. And i realized that i miss the large amount of work Anne gave. I also realized, there will be no more rehearsals, no more silly acting, no more fooling around, no more bloopers, no more great teamwork. It was all left in the past, in the very ballroom. We are never getting it back, but it will always remain in my head. Never leaving it.

There is one person i would like to thank so much after that night. The one person who made me enjoy my job, the one person who made this IU happen. Miss Anne-Marie, Interact SMK Seafield's very own IU Director. I can't thank her enough. These memories belong to her.

And, in memory of our great IU, thanks to EVERYONE who helped, and to the BOD for supporting my lousy role and standing with my complaints. Hehehe.

After that night, i have decided on one thing. One very true thing. I will, and i always will be....

Proud To Be An Interactor.

Yours Truly,
Han Joe~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... great great post.. i love it.. although is long long!! but i really love it.. the isi.. very wow! haha!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

thanks shieng, appreciate it. hee :D i'll work harder to produce better posts next time!

12:00 AM  
Blogger amry said...

joe...

what can i say...speechless i am...i never knew i caused such an 'impact' in your life, as an Interactor, as a senior, as a friend...but i want you to know that, you've made the Club proud that night, most importantly, you made me feel so proud too! i guess all of us will miss IU. ( i'm still kinda sad and depressed after 3 days ) but heck, i'll always treasure the moments we shared together.

love,
Anne-Marie
IU Director 05/06'
Senior
Friend.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Joanne Loke said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww!! so sweet!! gahh.. long but, sweet, hard work NOT down the drain, yes, iu was simply 2 words - THE BEST.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home